- 3 (Registered)
Location: CIDE – Canadian Integration by Dental Education: 4560 Dixie Rd Unit D, Mississauga, ON L4W 1N2
Date: Nov 08, 2019
Time: 8.00am – 3:30pm
Price: $995 + HST
What YOU will Learn:
Participants will learn the concepts of guided bone regeneration using various methods and techniques for success. A step by step protocol will be reviewed for treatment planning and execution which will cover flap design, grafting methods and materials, stabilization of the graft material and finally closure of the site to ensure treatment success. Case examples will be utilized to further demonstrate these concepts and fundamentals.
1) Understand the concept of guided bone regeneration and the steps involved in performing successful therapy
2) Understand various techniques and materials commonly used for bone grafting
3) Understand what is possible today with current techniques including immediate implant placement in areas of bony defects
4) GBR with simultaneous implant placement
5) Learn the ease of suturing in a realistic/effective manner to avoid premature suture loosing, flap opening and tearing
6) Learn how to improve wound healing and bone graft stabilization with PRF
COST: $995 + HST
Curriculum is empty
Dr. Sheikh has practiced general dentistry in the GTA for over 15 years. He earned his Baccalaureate with Honours in Biological Sciences at the University of Toronto in 1999. He went on to complete his Doctorate in Dental Surgery from the University of Western Ontario in 2003. He is the owner of Brampton Dental Arts where his practice focuses mostly on implant surgery. He has placed over 3000 dental implants, and is currently the Course Director and Clinical Instructor for the Master Implant Training Program at Hiossen Implant Canada. In addition, he is the Founder of the Ontario Dental Implant Network, which provides live surgery mentorship for over 40 doctors in the GTA. His passion is to share his knowledge through live surgery, with a focus on Immediate implant therapies (Anterior, Molar, Full Arch). He is the Key Opinion Leader for DenMat on Soft Tissue Management. Dr. Sheikh also speaks throughout Canada to other dentists and their staff about incorporating new technologies and developments in dentistry, enabling them to provide a higher standard of care to their patients. He retains active membership with the Ontario Dental Association, the Canadian Dental Association and the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario. He also maintains his membership to continually update his didactic and clinical skills, focusing on his passion: dental implants.