- 1 (Registered)
Location: Smiles First Corporation (SFA Classroom), 300 Alden Road, Markham, ON L3R 4C1
Date: Sept 12, 2020
Time: 8:00am – 3:30pm
Price: $195 (Early Bird Deadline July 11, 2020 – $165.00 + HST )
This full-day course is designed for the Registered Dental Hygienist who is interested in entering the specialty field of orthodontics or expanding their knowledge base. The information provided is also appropriate for all dental staff to familiarize themselves with orthodontics. Teaching will involve theory and methodology, hands-on learning and encompass basic orthodontic treatment options, appliances, and armamentarium.
As a result of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of orthodontic treatment in relation to malocclusion/bite correction, facial aesthetics, and surgical cases
- Identify Angle’s Classification of bite and correction needed
- Compare multiple types of bracket systems
- Understanding the value of clear aligners
- Identify and explain the use of basic appliances
- Demonstrate the use of elastics and common patterns of wear
- Describe the risks of orthodontic treatment
- Explain the purpose of Phase I and Phase II treatment cases
- Discuss the purpose of retention and options available
- Identify the use of most common armamentarium, solutions and products
- Assess patients in your practice who may benefit from orthodontic treatment
- Explain to patients the benefits, cost and overall process of orthodontic intervention
Cost: $195 + HST (Early Bird Deadline July 11, 2020 – $165.00 + HST )
Curriculum is empty
Alina Fintineanu is a registered dental hygienist working full-time in Orthodontics. She has nearly 10 years of experience working in dentistry in multiple practice settings, as well as dental consulting. She is a Certified Training Practitioner with the Institute for Performance and Learning. Following studies at both Oxford College and George Brown College, she nurtured her passion for orthodontics and facilitating beautiful smiles to change others’ lives for the better.
Alina’s interactive approach combines theory, hands-on training and an overall engaging learning experience.
When she is not reminding patients to wear their elastics, you can find her traveling, baking and petting dogs.