- 1 (Registered)
Location:Smiles First Corporation (SFA Classroom), 300 Alden Road, Markham, ON L3R 4C1
Date: May 23, 2020
Time: 8:00am – 3:30pm
Price: $195 (Early Bird Deadline Mar. 23, 2020 – $165.00 + HST )
Conducting a Hygiene Exam is a practice that we can always work to improve. As hygienists, it is important to continue adding to our knowledge base. This workshop is one that will guide you to accurate reviewing of Hygiene Exam Protocols. The course will teach you how to utilize a patient-centric approach in conducting hygiene exams. It will also help you understand the process of how to prompt the Doctor in transferring information using a patient-centric practice method.
- Understand what is a Hygiene Exam
- Understand the value of a Hygiene Exams
- Create and apply a Hygiene Exam Checklist
- Apply effective tips and strategies in conducting a thorough Hygiene Exam
- Understand exam strategies that are unique to your practice
- Recognize the need for doctor dialogue and how to initiate this dialogue with patient
- Be able to apply the methods of dismissing the doctor upon dialogue completion
Cost: $195 + HST (Early Bird Deadline Mar. 23, 2020 – $165.00 + HST )
Curriculum is empty
Angie Ferraro is a Registered Dental Hygienist with extensive experience in dental hygiene and a strong focus in periodontics. She is a graduate of Seneca College and also holds a certificate in Adult Education from the Canadian College of Educators. Angie’s experience includes many years in private practice, as well as working as a clinical advisor and instructor with a Toronto dental hygiene college. At the college, she delivered lectures and provided a supportive learning environment to her students, working with them from pre-clinic through to graduation.
Angie’s engaging personality and excellent communication skills make her a dynamic and passionate speaker. A self-described fitness fanatic, Angie is a marathon runner, cyclist and personal fitness advisor who enjoys focusing on health and wellness.