Dr. Hagen Klieb is a board certified specialist of oral medicine and oral pathology.
He is a staff clinician at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre where he holds cross appointment to the departments of Dentistry and Laboratory Medicine. He also leads the Oral Pathology diagnostic service at LifeLabs.
Dr. Klieb is active in post-graduate medical and dental education and his research interests pertain to orofacial pain and novel therapies for the management of autoimmune disorders.
You will Learn
Part I. Oral Cancer: The Journey
This course will review the oral cancer patient’s journey – from the initial visit to the dentist to cancer treatment to reconstruction and beyond.
– The diagnosis of oral cancer, including the biopsy procedure and relaying results.
– Pathways of oral cancer referral in Ontario.
– Contemporary management of oral cancer including new advances.
– Systems to make sure we have happy patients and a happy profitable practice.
Part II. Suspicious Oral Lesions: What Should Make Me Worry?
It is not uncommon for dentists to encounter oral lesions and it is imperative to know what features should elicit concern for oral precancer and cancer.
– Trends in oral precancer and cancer.
– Methods of identification and features that should raise concern.
– Proper documentation, formation of a differential diagnosis and diagnostic approach.
– How and when to refer (the do’s and dont’s).
– Learn how to prep and bond the teeth for maximum strength and durability of veneers.
About the Certification
Smiles First Academy is a provider of CE credits, we are a PACE-approved institution that offers courses online, in person, and via live-online classes for Dentists, dental hygienists, and more.