Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Continuing Education ?
Continuing education is required for individuals or current professionals to stay current with the latest developments, skills, and new technologies required for their fields. Certain professions also require continuing education to comply with laws, remain licensed or certified, or maintain membership in an association or licensing body.
2. How do I register to a course ?
Sign up on our website to create an account with us. Once registration is completed, you can head over to our course section to see what is available. Choose the course of your choice and pay for the course.
3. Can I switch my registration from one course to another ?
Switching of courses are not permitted since each course has separate requirements as well as the costs associated with each are different.
4. What happens if I do not succeed in an online exam ?
Every course is different, only three attempts are given if the course requires a passing grade. Once those three attempts have been used and the participant is unsuccessful then the participant will have to enroll in the course again.
5. What are the system requirements for online courses ?
Participants may need:
- An internet connection- wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) with a minimum bandwidth of 600 kbps and a recommended bandwidth of 1.5 mbps
- A microphone – built-in your computer, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth. Built-in headset jack from laptop or desktop
- A webcam- one which is built-in to your computer or one that connects to your computer via USB.
- Supported operating systems are Mac OS X with MacOS 10.6.8 or later, Windows10, Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista with SP1 or later, Windows XP with SP3 or later
- Supported browsers are Firefox, Chrome, Safari5+
6. Is there a time limit for each course ?
Each course varies, it depends on if the course is a self-study, seminar or any other, this will determine the time that will be allotted to complete the course, this can be found in the course description box.
7. When is the deadline to register for a course ?
The deadline for each course can be found in the course description.
8. How do I track my CE online ?
For all completed courses, participants can view this in their dashboard to keep track of all their CE credits through that have obtained through Smiles First Academy.
9. What is the cancellation and refund policy ?
Smiles First Academy may or may not issue a refund, depending on the reason for cancellation. If the refund is approved, only a percentage of the initial amount can be refunded to the participant based on the course. Refunds cannot be granted if the participant has already viewed the contents of the course.